HANDHELD DEVICE PRODUCT CODE: FMS-40003040-001
BASE STATION DEVICE PRODUCT CODE: FMS-40003040-002
Kid’s safety is one of the most important responsibilities for any school or bus driver. Ensuring that all kids have been transported safely to their homes is paramount importance for any school, bus driver, or bus attendant officer. However, kids may go to sleep in a bus missing their stop location. Child Safety ensures that the bus driver will check every row or seat in a bus before he stations and locks the bus. Unfortunate incidents have happened in the past causing kids to suffocate. It is the driver’s responsibility to check that each and every seat is empty before he locks the bus and leaves. It is of paramount importance for all involved parties.
The Child Safety is designed to work on all types of school buses, for any school and for any age. It is an electronic device that uses RFID technology to ensure kid’s safety. An RFID card will be installed on each row on the bus, while the main device consists of two integrated tightly-coupled devices: 1) station device and, 2) handheld reader. The handheld reader enables the driver to scan all RFID cards and then download all these cards to the main station device. If the driver misses to scan any row, the main station device will alert the driver, giving a chance to scan the missing row before he locks the bus. However, in case the driver misses to scan any row again, the main station device will sound the horn indicating that the driver did not scan all the rows. By doing so, we ensure that the driver has scanned all rows and that no kids are left in the bus.
- Scanning seat IDs based on station request when the
handheld device is unmounted from the station (on scanning mode).
- Compare the seat IDs with stored IDs then send an alarm
request to the station if there is a missing ID (on station
- Mute the alarm on using admin card (on station mode).
Storing configured seat IDs.
Handheld device has three different operations mode:
- Station Mode: when mounted on the base station device,
If an alarm is fired, the device will read “Admin”, and only an admin card can mute it. (Seat LEDs will be OFF).
- Reading Mode: the device will scan the seat IDs if a
scanning request is received from the station (Only programmed
seat will have LEDs ON), it will enter idle mode if no request is
received (Seat LEDs will be OFF).
- Programming Mode: The handheld device enters this mode from reading mode by using “Installer” card, then the seat LED will
then be flash one by one until seat programming is done. Then handheld device will then exit this mode and can enter the idle mode through the “installer” card. In programming mode, “Admin” card
used to overstep seat programming into next seat.
BASE STATION DEVICE
- Charges the handheld battery.
- Sets the alarm notification off if the handheld device is disconnected for a
- Request scanned seat IDs when the bus ignition is
turned off after a trip.
- Sets the alarm on when after the trip ends at a specific time but not all the seats were scanned
The Handheld device has three different operations mode:
- Scanner Away Timeout: for the soft alarm notification
- Max. Scanning period: max. period given to the driver for
scanning the seat IDs before an alarm
- Min. trip period for start scanning: min. trip duration that
enables a request to scan seat IDs.
- Notification Period before run output: For the first stage
of alarm. The alarm has two stages. First stage is to run
continuous warning beep for a specified period, and the
second stage is to run the station output.
SIGN UP FOR THE LATEST FMS-TECH NEWS